Good study skills and exam preparation are essential to succeed in school. Stressing out reduces your mental capabilities and is counterproductive. Be confident in your abilities and learn to take care of yourself.
- Eating a balanced diet will help you to maximize brain function, concentrate better during the day and help manage your stress levels.
- Stay hydrated.
- Gives your body a workout as well as your mind, and can help to burn off tensions.
- Practice deep breathing, meditation and yoga as forms of relaxation.
- Maintain a regular sleep pattern
- Develop a study plan and get your notes in order
- Make a Revision Timetable – it is never too late to get started
- Practice writing answers under exam conditions
The Power of Positive Thinking
- Replace negative thoughts, such as “everyone else seems better organised, while I am struggling”, with, “I will succeed”
- Be kind to yourself
- Reward yourself
For further information, simply click on the links below:
Disclaimer: Please be aware that the information in this section is not intended as a substitute for clinical diagnosis or to replace the advice of a medical professional. If concerned, please contact your family doctor or phone the Samaritans on 116 123, or visit www.yourmentalhealth.ie.
Registered Charity Number 20204828 / CHY 22724